It is necessary to understand the difference between general and cosmetic dentistry Los Alamitos. It helps to choose a dentist that is suitable for your genuine oral health needs.
- A general dentist addresses dental issues associated with discomfort, pain and oral hygiene.
- Root canals, filling cavities, and tooth extractions are typically performed at Voltera dental clinic.
- A couple of cosmetic procedures like bonding and teeth whitening are also performed.
- A cosmetic dentist helps in enhancing the look of your teeth.
- Procedures like inlays and outlays, porcelain veneers, dentures, fixed implants, smile makeover, teeth whitening, and tooth-colored fillings are performed under cosmetic dentistry.
Training similarities and dissimilarities between general and cosmetic dentistry
- Initial training in both is similar.
- General treatment like regular checkups, dental crowns, cavities filling, teeth repair, teeth whitening, and hygiene appointments can be got in both kinds of the dentist office.
- A general dentist concentrates mainly on routine treatment and preventative measures.
- Cosmetic dentists need specific training in the aesthetic field and develop skills necessary to enhance teeth appearance attending special programs.
- Usually, charges of both are the same.
- Slight variation in cost maybe because of the material quality used like premium dental labs for a porcelain crown or better bonding material is used.
How to decide which dentist to go to?
- If your concern is about aesthetics, see a cosmetic dentist associated with ADA or some other recognized affiliates.
- While choosing a general dentist find one that can keep your mouth healthy, functioning well, and help to achieve a great aesthetic smile.