It’s peak summer announcement season. Both ISTE and NCSC are in full swing. ISTE unveiled its new Standards for Students this week-created by more than 2,700 people (including approximately 300 students) from 52 countries-as a blueprint for innovative educators worldwide to guide education transformation and meaningful, future-ready learning.
NewSchools Venture Fund released a final report for the $40 million DC Schools Fund yielding 14,000 high quality student options and announced a harbormaster spinout, Education Forward DC led by uber-talented Maura Mario.
Read on to see what other announcements topped this week’s list.
Blended Schools & Tools
1. Discovering Techbook Updates
2. Amazon Gets Inspired to #GoOpen (check out our blog on this here)
3. Digital Museum Resources
4. ClassLink Links to Mackin Educational Resources
5. Microsoft + edX = Online EdLeader PD
6. New Google Tools for Teachers
Dollars & Deals
7. Learn Coding Through Minecraft
The Big “D”
8. Pearson Realize Powers Mix & Match Curriculum
Movers, Shakers & Groundbreakers
9. Top U.S. Charter School Award
10. iNACOL Accepting Innovator Award Nominations
For more, see: