What is it about Summer that makes us want to start fresh, start a new project, or revamp an existing one? While many educators and school leaders are spending this summer focused on how to innovate their classrooms and create next-gen learning environments for their students, our team has been busy updating important resources to help guide that work!
Over the last three years we worked collaboratively with our advocacy partner Digital Learning Now, an initiative of the Foundation for Excellence in Education (ExcelinEd), to bring you a series of interactive white papers that provide specific guidance regarding the adoption of higher standards and quality assessments focusing on the shift to personalized digital learning. More commonly known as the “DLN Smart Series.”
The series originally included 12 papers and a free ebook – Navigating the Shift to Digital Learning. Given all that has happened in schools across the country since the release of our first paper in August 2012, it was time to return to the series to assess what was still relevant, throw out what was no longer helpful and add in loads of new resources and updates to enrich the papers in the series.
With the support of our original co-authors and leading experts on education innovation-including iNACOL, Data Quality Campaign, The Learning Accelerator, Curriculum Associates, and Public Impact’s Opportunity Culture— we’ve refreshed and released 9 papers!
The new DLN Smart Series highlights recent resources, strategies and information needed to help more educators, policy makers and school leaders make the leap to personalized, competency-based digital learning.
The updated Smart Series publications include:
- Data Backpacks: Portable Records & Learner Profiles
- The Shift from Cohorts to Competency
- Funding Students, Options and Achievement
- Improving Conditions & Careers
- Online Learning: Myths, Reality & Promise
- Blended Learning Implementation Guide 3.0
- Smart Series Guide to EdTech Procurement
- Personalizing and Guiding College & Career Readiness (formerly: Core & More: Guiding and Personalizing College & Career Readiness)
- Using Prizes & Pull Mechanisms to Boost Learning